Weekend Closure Highlights
- Construction crews worked around-the-clock for 71 hours, from 10:00 p.m. on July 9 to 9:00 p.m. on July 12, to finish the final roadway connections on the new Doyle Drive.
- Several hundred workers placed over 2,800 tons of concrete, and removed more than 15,000 tons of materials, during the accident-free weekend.
- Work was completed eight hours ahead of schedule, and crews safely and successfully switched traffic to the new, state-of-the-art roadway!
Closure Quick Facts
- Thursday, July 9, 10:00 p.m., to Monday, July 13, 5:00 a.m.
- Drivers should avoid the closure area
- Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 1/19th Avenue will remain open; however, expect major delays
- Travelers during Friday commute times are expected to experience the most significant delays
- The public is encouraged to use buses, ferries or the Bay Bridge
- No access to Hwy 101 from Marina Boulevard or Lombard Street
- Businesses in the area will be open
During the closure, crews will finalize roadway connections and transfer traffic to the new permanent roadway.
For more information, view the closure fact sheet. Please check back here for updates, detour routes and additional information as closure details are finalized.
Work Areas and Parking Impacts
- Crews will work around-the-clock to finalize roadway connections in three primary work areas and transfer traffic to the new permanent roadway. View the advisory for more information on the primary work areas.
- There will be no entry to the Presidio at the Gorgas Gate, and a portion of Gorgas Avenue will be CLOSED to vehicle traffic. More details about the Gorgas Avenue closure and associated parking impacts are available in the advisory.
- The East Side parking lot at the Golden Gate Bridge Visitor’s Plaza and the Vista Point Parking Lot will be CLOSED. Tour bus operators and visitors are advised to avoid the closure area and the Presidio. View the advisory for details.
Regional Detour Routes
Local Detour Routes
Presidio Roads Open - Expect Major Delays
Golden Gate Transit, Golden Gate Ferry and Muni
Golden Gate Transit will run modified commute service on the Friday of the closure. Golden Gate Ferry will add service on both Larkspur and Sausalito routes throughout the weekend, including late-night trips on Friday night on the Larkspur route.Muni will not serve the Golden Gate Bridge during the closure. For more information on bus and ferry transportation, visit the Golden Gate Transit and Golden Gate Ferry closure information page.