The extended weekend closure of Doyle Drive, previously scheduled for scheduled for May 28 at 10:00 p.m. - June 1 at 5:00 a.m., has been POSTPONED. Stay tuned to this page for further updates, and sign up for advisories to be notified when the closure is rescheduled.
Closure Quick Facts
- Doyle Drive will be closed for an extended weekend in mid-2015, from Thursday night to Monday morning, to finalize roadway connections and transfer traffic to the new permanent roadway
- Drivers should avoid the closure area
- Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 1/19th Avenue will remain open; however, expect major delays
- Travelers during Friday commute times are expected to experience the most significant delays
- The public is encouraged to use buses, ferries or the Bay Bridge
- No access to Hwy 101 from Marina Boulevard or Lombard Street
- Businesses in the area will be open
During the closure, crews will finalize roadway connections and transfer traffic to the new permanent roadway.
For more information, view the closure fact sheet. Please check back here for updates, detour routes and additional information as closure details are finalized.
During the closure, crews will work around-the-clock to finalize roadway connections in three primary work areas and transfer traffic to the new permanent roadway.
View the advisory
for more information on work areas during the closure.
Regional Detour Routes
Local Detour Routes
Presidio Roads Open - Expect Major Delays
Golden Gate Transit and Ferries
Golden Gate Transit will run a modified schedule on the Friday of the closure. Golden Gate Ferry will add service on both Larkspur and Sausalito routes throughout the weekend, including late-night trips on Friday night on the Larkspur route. Muni will not serve the Golden Gate Bridge during the closure. For more information on bus and ferry transportation, visit the Golden Gate Transit and Golden Gate Ferry closure information page.